The Georgian Triangle Humane Society is a not-for-profit charity that provides abandoned, neglected and abused domestic animals a second chance in life at a forever home. The Adoptions Team facilitates the adoption and subsequent retention of approximately 1200 homeless animals annually, and the Adoptions Team Transport Volunteer contributes towards this success by travelling to/from GTHS Adoption Partners’ locations in the South Georgian Bay area. The most frequently travelled to locations are based in Barrie, Collingwood, Orillia, Owen Sound, Stayner and Wasaga Beach.
Adoption Team Transfer Volunteer
Reporting to the Adoptions Coordinator, the Adoption Team Transport Volunteer is responsible for safely transporting adoptable GTHS cats and kittens to pet stores, to attract adopters in that community. On occasion, any remaining cats or kittens will be collected and returned to the GTHS Animal Centre.
With the exception of regular trips to Barrie (during a two week period each month), adoptions transportation takes place on an ad hoc, as needed, basis. Volunteers can select which transfers they’d like to assist with and the length of time volunteered will depend on the collection/drop-off point for each journey.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain clean and tidy GTHS van (inside and outside), if used
- Replenish fuel in GTHS van, if used
- Ensure any appropriate documentation is available for the Adoption Partner
- Liaise with staff at the GTHS Animal Centre and at the Adoption Partner’s location upon drop-off/collection
- Bring completed adoption paperwork and cash, if any, back to the Animal Centre
- Load/unload animals in carriers
- Ensure animals are safe and secure
- Follow appropriate protocol, policies and procedures
- Ensure photocopy of valid/most recent version of G2 driver’s license is retained by GTHS
- Valid G2 driver’s license
- Clean criminal record police check
- A commitment to animal welfare
- Self motivated
- Ability to follow protocol
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of this volunteer role and of the organization
- Review and sign-off of the Driving Record Certification Form and GTHS Van Use Agreement Form
Positions currently available
Our Adoptions Team is looking for 2-3 new volunteers to join their team to assist with feline transportation.
All applications are acknowledged, so please check your email inbox (and junk/spam folder) for a response.Apply now