COLLINGWOOD, ON – Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is back supporting charities in communities coast-to-coast, including the Georgian Triangle Humane Society (GTHS) and Hospice Georgian Triangle – two of 550 Canadian charities, healthcare organizations and community programs supported through the annual campaign. This year, Tim Hortons’ restaurants owned by the Trude family in Collingwood are supporting both the GTHS and Hospice Georgian Triangle!
From May 1 – May 7, $1.50 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased will support charities in their community. Guests can complete a form to place pre-orders for Smile Cookies at Collingwood Tim Hortons locations.
“The GTHS is honoured to continue our partnership with the team at Tim Hortons. We are truly grateful for their continued support for pets and people in the south Georgian Bay region. Proceeds from the Smile Cookies will help to fund our Animal Hospital, Access to Care Services, Lifelong Learning Programs, and more. Thanks to Tim Hortons for sharing our compassion for pets and people.” Sonya Reichel, Executive Director, Georgian Triangle Humane Society
“The Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation is incredibly grateful to the Tim Hortons’ staff for their ongoing commitment to compassionate end-of-life care for patients and their families in our community. The Smile Cookie proceeds will support hospice palliative care at Campbell House and grief and bereavement programs. Thank you for purchasing a Smile Cookie and thanks to Tim Hortons for being a true community leader.” Sandra Sullivan, Executive Director, Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation
“We feel proud to support our local community through the Smile Cookie campaign again this year. Each cookie is made by our team members with care and pride in the knowledge that every cookie sold is creating a positive impact. This year, all funds raised in Collingwood go to support the Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation and the Georgian Triangle Humane Society who have been true partners in this event and do incredible things for Collingwood and the surrounding area.” Jan Trude, Tim Hortons Owner, Collingwood, ON
2023 Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2022, thanks to the support of Tim Hortons restaurant owners, team members and guests, the Smile Cookie campaign raised a record-breaking number of smiles, with $15 million donated to charities, hospitals, and community groups across Canada, and contributing to the Smile Cookie legacy of over $92 million raised since the program’s inception.
- For 27 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the Smile Cookie Campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie Campaign and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- 100% of proceeds from each cookie is donated to a local charity or community group in which Tim Hortons restaurants operate. In 2023, more than 550 charitable organizations in communities across Canada will directly benefit from Smile Cookie sales.
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @gthumanesociety & @hospice.gt
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & GTHS & HGT
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons & GTHS
About TIM HORTONS
Tim Hortons is one of North America’s largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of guest tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and around the world. More information about the company is available at www.timhortons.com.
For more information or interview requests, please contact:
Kristin Holmes, Marketing & PR Manager
Georgian Triangle Humane Society
firstname.lastname@example.org | 705-445-5204 ex 235
Linda Caron, Fundraising and Stewardship Manager
Hospice Georgian Triangle
email@example.com l 705-444-2555 x7536