What To Do About Injured Wildlife

If there is an emergency situation involving wildlife in our area (ie. Rabies, distemper, hit by car, life threatening injuries to the animal or is threatening humans) please call the OPP.

  • Collingwood and Blue Mountains: OPP Collingwood – (705) 445-4321
  • Meaford: OPP Grey County – (519) 794-7827
  • Wasaga Beach and Clearview Township, including Creemore and Stayner: OPP Huronia West – (705) 429-3575

THE GEORGIAN TRIANGLE HUMANE SOCIETY DOES NOT DEAL WITH WILDLIFE.  If you have found injured wildlife, please leave it in the location it was found and consider the following information:

Contact a wildlife rehabilitation centre in your area.

For a full listing of Wildlife Centres visit: http://www.ontariowildliferescue.ca/wildlifecentres/

If you are requiring help to transport wildlife to a Wildlife Centre, you can try calling a pest control service in the area:

  • Wildlife Control Services in Collingwood: Critter Cop Wildlife Removal – Doug Bridal: 705-445-9444


Top Ten Resources
Ontario Wildlife Things to Know

Stay informed on GTHS events, initiatives and programs. Learn how the GTHS team is serving the pets and people of the South Georgian Bay Area. Read heart-warming Happy Tails about GTHS Alumni. See a lot of really cute pictures of dogs and cats!