At the GTHS, we know that when a family is struggling to put food on the table, pets are impacted too. We are committed to helping pets and people thrive and recognize that, at times, pet owners will prioritize food for their pets over nutrition for themselves.
The GTHS Pet Pantry is a donation-based program aimed to ensure that pet food is more accessible for individuals and families who are in need. We provide dog and cat food, as well as cat litter. Products can be accessed as follows:
- By delivery directly from the GTHS Animal Centre, for those with mobility and transportation challenges.
- Pick-up at one of our Community Pet Pantry Depots (see below for location and access information).
The service is strictly confidential.
The Impact in 2023
Pet Pantry Deliveries from the GTHS
- Address: 549 Tenth Line, Collingwood
- Hours: Monday – Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- How to Access: Call the GTHS Animal Centre at 705-445-5204, and one of our Customer Service Coordinators will assist with intake. No application or proof of need are required, the Pet Pantry operates on the honour system.
- Deliveries happen on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Pet Pantry Depots
Collingwood Public Library
- Address: 55 Ste. Marie St., Collingwood
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday: 10:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m., Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (note: closed Sundays in July and August)
- How to Access: Located in the community pantry on the second floor. Completely anonymous, but library staff can assist if pet food is not in the cabinet.
Project Butterfly Community Food Pantry
- Address: 200 Erie St. (Erie Street Community Church)
- Hours: 24/7
- How to Access: Completely anonymous, can be accessed any time. Restocked at various times throughout the month.
Collingwood Ontario Works Office
- Address: 485 Second St., Collingwood
- Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- How to Access: Inquire with staff at the front desk.
- Address: 55 Ste. Marie St., Collingwood
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- How to Access: By appointment. Inquire with food bank staff. Contact by phone at 705-445-9222.
If you find yourself in need of emergency pet support, the GTHS will work with the community to help keep families together during times of emergency or crisis. We work through proactive and responsive strategies which include the following programs:
- Pet Pantry
- Emergency Medical Assistance Services (EMAS)
- Emergency Boarding (for situations of temporary loss of housing, sudden illness, or domestic violence)
For a complete overview of these services, contact information, and how to access these services, please click here.
If you are an organization that provides social services and/or pet services to the Georgian Triangle area, please consider joining our network of Pet Pantry Depots.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 705-445-5204 ext. 226, and we will contact you with more information.
Financial donations enable us to acquire exactly the food and goods that we need, and to utilize bulk buying. If you’d like to make a donation, please click here.
If you would like provide an in-kind donation, we are currently in need of:
- Canned cat food
- Dry cat food
- Dry dog food
- Clumping cat litter
Donations can be brought to the GTHS Animal Centre at 549 Tenth Line in Collingwood, between the hours of 10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Please make sure that the donation is clearly labelled with “PET PANTRY”. Donated food must be in the original packaging.
The GTHS Pet Pantry can use your help! Volunteers make this program possible. More information about joining our volunteer team an be found here.
Please note, only dry cat and dog kibble is provided through the Pet Pantry Depots, in 1kg bags that are clearly labeled. Cat litter is only provided through our delivery service.
The GTHS Pet Pantry is run on a donation basis, therefore we cannot guarantee specific products will be available. We do our absolute best to take care of any special requests that are made for the health of the animal.
Please contact us:
Phone: 705-445-5204, ext. 223
Address: 549 Tenth Line, Collingwood, ON L8Y 0W1