COLLINGWOOD CATS PROGRAM
‘Collingwood Cats’ is a program implemented to address cat overpopulation within the Town of Collingwood. Brought forth through a partnership between the Town of Collingwood and the Georgian Triangle Humane Society (GTHS), this program will allow cat owners to apply for assistance in spaying or neutering their cat(s). With initial funding provided by The Town of Collingwood, the objective of this project is to develop strong community relationships while promoting responsible pet ownership.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older and must be a resident of the Town of Collingwood
- The family annual household income must be no greater than the Statistics Canada Low Income Cut-Offs: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75f0002m/2012002/tbl/tbl02-eng.htm
- Ability to contribute $75 towards the cost of the spay or neuter surgery
GTHS reserves the right to makes exceptions based on situation, status and urgency.
CATS THAT ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- Cats that are owned by a resident of the Town of Collingwood
- Cats that are greater than 5 months old and less than 7 years of age.
- Cats that are healthy (therefore do not have signs such as watery eyes, coughing, sneezing, runny noses or skin conditions)
- Cats that are not noticeably pregnant
- For the health of your animal, GTHS recommends that they are vaccinated by a veterinarian at least two weeks prior to surgery
- Any items that arise due to post operative complications will NOT be covered in this program
Application forms are available in print copy at the GTHS Animal Shelter located at 549 Tenth Line in Collingwood. A PDF version can also be downloaded below.
Applicants must have a vet that is willing to work with them for this program.
Completed applications are to be submitted to GTHS via mail, in person or email to: collingwoodcats “at” gths.ca
All applicants must complete a phone or in person interview with a GTHS representative.
Applicants will be notified once they have been approved for the program. This will be done on a case by case basis.
Once approved, applicants will join a waiting list if necessary.
A TBD number of applicants will be approved each month for this program. They will be notified to pick-up their Approved Collingwood Cats Package complete with pre and post operative care information, approved certificate, and educational materials. Payment will be received at the time the approved package is picked-up. The applicant will present this package to the veterinary clinic in which they book their appointment.
Surgery must be completed within 30 days.
A signed waiver, copy of application and copy of receipt of payment will be filed at the GTHS Animal Shelter.